Background

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Moringa Breakfast Cookie

I just can't stop coming up with recipes with Kuli Kuli moringa. And I love knowing how much extra nutrition I am getting in foods I eat anyway, such as breakfast. I don't normally eat cookies for breakfast, but I do eat oatmeal quit often. I also love oatmeal cookies. So my thought was if I could combine cookies with breakfast I'd have the perfect pair. Am I right? :)
Moringa Breakfast Cookies
Makes 6 large cookies


Ingredients

2 cups Rolled Oats (not quick oats)
1/2 cup almond flour or oat flour
1 tablespoon Kuli Kuli moringa 
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins 

Method
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.

Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in a second bowl, reserving the raisins. Mix each bowl well, then combine the two and mix together until well incorporated and finally add the raisins and mix to evenly distribute.
Portion out six scant 1/2 cup mounds on your lined baking tray and press into a flat cookie. Or whatever size cookie you desire. Smaller sizes also make a great quick and healthy snack during the day.
Bake for about 18 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool. Enjoy for a healthy and tasty breakfast on-the-go or at home with a cup of tea and a side of fresh fruit.

Are you ready to sharpen your skills in the kitchen? 
Desiring to eat healthier and make it taste great? 
Looking for more education on specific dietary or health concerns? 
Emily would LOVE to make your goals a reality! 
Contact emily@loveandplants.com for a free phone consultation

No comments:

Post a Comment